Dr. Brad Swelstad
Board Certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Board Certified in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
Subspecialty Training/Fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility – Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland
Residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at The Methodist Hospital, Houston, Texas
Doctor of Medicine from St. George’s University School of Medicine
Member of the Pacific Coast Reproductive Society and the American Society of Reproductive Medicine
PNWF is excited to welcome Dr. Brad Swelstad to Pacific Northwest Fertility and IVF Specialists. Joining our practice in Autumn 2016, Dr. Swelstad brings a wide breadth of clinical experience and personal compassion to our team.
Dr. Swelstad is originally from Wisconsin where he studied Zoology at the University of Madison – Wisconsin, after which he earned his Doctorate of Medicine from Saint George’s University. He completed his OB/GYN residency at the Methodist Hospital in Houston, Texas, with the honor of Outstanding Resident in OB/GYN. Dr. Swelstad continued his studies with fellowship training in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, Maryland, where he was awarded the Pacific Coast Reproductive Society in Training Scholarship, a merit based award for excellence in research. He currently serves as an adjunct faculty member at Johns Hopkins University. Dr. Swelstad has been an active participant in reproductive and infertility research but finds his calling in caring for patients.
For the past five years Dr. Swelstad has been in practice at a fertility center in Park City, Utah. As an experienced Reproductive Endocrinologist, Dr. Swelstad has helped many patients realize their goals of building a family. He strives to give personalized care while helping each individual patient navigate fertility treatment specific to their needs. His clinical and research interests include all aspects of assisted reproductive technologies. Dr. Swelstad is a Fellow of the American Congress of Obstetrics and Gynecology and is board certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology as well as Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility. He looks forward to continuing his practice at Pacific NW Fertility.
Dr. Swelstad’s personal interests include fly fishing, white water rafting, photography, soccer, tennis, skiing, running, and cooking. Dr. Swelstad and his wife Tara are thrilled to settle in Seattle and are looking forward to the opportunity to raise their young family in the Pacific Northwest.
Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility Obstetrics and Gynecology
Subspecialty Training/Fellowship Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility – Johns Hopkins Hospital
Obstetrics and Gynecology at The Methodist Hospital
St. George's University School of Medicine
- Infertility Diagnosis and Treatment
- Elective fertility preservation
- Fertility over 35
- Fertility in setting of low egg supply
- Single embryo transfer with Chromosomal Screening
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
- Fertility preservation for patient’s with cancer
- Treatment of infertility post cancer treatment
- Preimplantation genetic screening (PGS)/Chromosomal screening (Genetic screening of embryos before pregnancy)
- Donor egg options including Donor egg bank
- Gestational carriers (surrogacy)
- Hysteroscopic surgery
- Hospital privileges: Swedish Medical Center
- Utah Medical Association
- Salt Lake County Medical Society
- American Medical Association
- Pacific Coast Reproductive Society
- American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists
- Society for Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
- Society for Assisted Reproductive Technology
- Maryland State Medical Society
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine
- American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Maryland Technology Development Corporation & Maryland Stem Cell Research Fund Grant, Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Midwest Reproductive Symposium Fellow Scholar, Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Pacific Coast Reproductive Society In-Training Scholarship, Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Dr. Perry Klein Outstanding Resident in OBGYN, The Methodist Hospital
- Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility Award, The Methodist Hospital
- ACOG District XI and TAOG Junior Fellow
- Houston Gynecological & Obstetrical Society Research Grant
- Resident Research Competition Award, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Summer Research Scholarship, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Swelstad BB, Bazley FA, Kolp L, Garcia J, Zacur H and Kerr CL. "Expansion of Human Germline Progenitor Stem Cells in the Adult Ovary with ESC-like Properties." Submitted for publication to Fertility & Sterility, 2015.
Swelstad BB and Kerr CL. "Introduction to Stem Cell Therapy for the ObGyn Generalist." Postgraduate Obstetrics & Gynecology. Submitted for publication, 2013.
Swelstad BB, Balhara KS, Pashai N, Wallach EE, and Kerr CL. "Stem Cells of the Reproductive Tract of Women." Open Journal of Regenerative Medicine. 2(1):1-7, 2013.
Gunderson CC, Swelstad BB, Zacur HA. "An update on Hormone Replacement Therapy." Postgraduate Obstetrics & Gynecology. 31(22):1-7, 2011.
Brezina P, Purcell O, Ducie J, Swelstad B, Yates M, Christianson M, and Kolp L. "Breakage of Suture Material Leading to Fascial Dehiscence." Middle East Fertility Society Journal. 16:87-89, 2011.
Swelstad BB and Kerr C. "Current protocols in the generation of pluripotent stem cells: theoretical, methodological and clinical considerations." Journal of Stem Cells and Cloning: Advances and Applications. 2010(3): 13-27, 2009.
Swelstad MR, Swelstad BB, Rao VK, and Gutowski K.A. "Management of Gestational Gigantomastia." Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 118: 840-848, 2006.
Katada A, Vos J, Swelstad BB, and Zealer DL. "A Sequential Double Labeling Technique for Studying Changes in Motoneuronal Projections to Muscle Following Nerve Injury and Reinnervation." Journal of Neuroscience Methods. 155(1):20-27, 2006.
Bement WM, Benink H, Mandato CA, and Swelstad BB. "Evidence for Direct Membrane Retrieval Following Cortical Granule Exocytosis in Xenopus Oocytes and Eggs." Journal of Experimental Zoology. 286:767-775, 2000.
I have been extremely impressed and grateful for the level of care and service I have received from PNWF. Everyone has been caring, professional and helpful throughout my process. The calm and matter-of-fact demeanor of my nurse has been calming when I have been unsure of what to do or impatiently waiting a result. The day of the transfer went very smoothly and I would recommend PNWF to anyone going through this process. Thank you for everything.