In Vitro Fertilization Insurance Information
We understand there are many challenges associated with overcoming infertility, and a financial burden should not be one of them. You will be pleased to know that at Pacific NW Fertility, we participate with a number of insurance companies including:
- First Choice
- Group Health
- Regence Blue Cross/Blue Shield (out-of-state plans)*
- United Healthcare/Optum**
* check with our Financial Counselors for details
** Pacific NW Fertility is the Center of Excellence for this plan
We realize that fertility treatment can be a significant financial undertaking. Infertility treatment may or may not be covered by your insurance. We encourage you to fully understand your healthcare benefits prior to initiating treatment by calling your insurance plan. If your insurance coverage does not cover fertility treatment, please call our financial counselors at 206-582-3849 to receive an outline of patient financial responsibilities.
Here is a list of Frequently Asked Questions you should review with your insurance company:
- ● What is the effective date of my plan?
- ● Do I have coverage for infertility?
- ● Is there any pre-existing condition limitation?
- ● Do I have a deductible or out of pocket maximum due before my insurance will pay?
- ● Do I need an authorization for office visits, labs, ultrasounds, insemination (IUI), or assisted reproductive technologies (ART) cycles?
- ● Do I have coverage for diagnosis only or diagnosis & treatment?
- ● Do I have coverage for insemination, in vitro fertilization (IVF), fertility medications, cryopreservation of embryos, sperm and embryo storage?
- ● Do I have coverage for donor egg IVF cycles?
- ● Is there a limit for dollars, time, or number of cycles?
- ● Are there lifetime benefit limits or annual benefit limits?
- ● Do I have any out-of-network benefits?
If your partner is having any services in our Andrology lab, he will also need to check his benefits. Male services could include a semen analysis, sperm prep for insemination, freezing and storage of sperm.
If you have a secondary insurance the same benefit information will be necessary.
Please contact a Patient Financial Counselor at 206.582.3849 if you have any questions.
I would encourage my friend to seek professional help as early as possible. Both seeing a medical team that specializes in fertility treatment as well as someone to support their emotional health. I would advise them to consider all options. Loving a child regardless of how they came to you is such an incredible gift. I would encourage my friend to not give up no matter how hard the process becomes.